When can I start applying for care of my child/children?

You can commence the process of applying for custody of your child/children as soon as you have separated from your partner. It is important to obtain legal advice when applying for custody, because a lawyer provides support and understanding during what can be a emotionally difficult time.

Do you have a question about family law or relationship law?

Call now 1300 712 729

If you would prefer an Australian Family Lawyers team member to contact you, complete the form below.