I agree with my ex-partner about how to divide our property – what now?

Get some advice on the agreement reached and about how to finalise it – most couples apply apply to the court for a consent order which is made without you or your lawyer having to attend court

Orders are enforceable and protect you if your former partner changes their mind. Once orders are made they difficult to set aside. If the agreement is not carried out then orders enable you to enforce it.

Orders can also attract savings by stamp duty and capital gains tax rollover relief in some instances.

Do you have a question about family law or relationship law?

Call now 1300 712 729

If you would prefer an Australian Family Lawyers team member to contact you, complete the form below.